Our candidates are a source of untapped talent. Despite being from disadvantaged backgrounds, they possess exceptional ability, initiative and creativity that our clients are looking for.Each of our candidates have completed and proven themselves on our award-winning personal development programme, Spear. This intensive coaching programme for unemployed 16-24-year-olds that not only equips young people with the skills they need to find a job, but more importantly tackles head-on any attitudinal and behavioural issues that can prevent them from thriving in the work place. Spear understands the challenge faced by employers in working with millennials, whose worldview doesn’t always fit easily into existing corporate culture. We equip managers to both challenge this mindset where appropriate, and also to understand how to navigate it. Spear’s coaching addresses any issues that employers find are the major hurdles to long-term success in their young recruits. Topics such as:
- What it means to be consistently reliable and punctual
- Customer service training (including a City & Guilds Level 1 in customer service)
- Increasing confidence and presentation skills
- Taking personal responsibility and having a pro-active attitude
- Being an effective team player
- Communicating in an appropriate register of language.