Over the past decade, Spear has helped over 2,500 young people into employment or education. Since Spear was launched in Hammersmith in 2004, we have grown to eight centres across London, working with over 750 young people each year. We have ambitious expansion plans for the years ahead.
Preparing Young People
The Spear course is our pre-employment training programme.
- Spear equips young people with the hard skills they need to find a job, including CV writing and interview training
- Our approach also tackles the attitudinal and behavioural issues that employers cite as major barriers to long-term success in their young recruits
- Each Spear attendee leaves with increased confidence, skills to find work and a City & Guilds Level 1 Qualification in Customer Service.
Ten years ago Spear started in West London with one small class of five students. Of those who graduate from the course, 75% are still in employment or training a year later.
Our experienced recruitment team work with forward-thinking businesses to place Spear candidates – those who have shown particularly strong aptitude, attitude and motivation – into suitable vacancies.
We are experts in coaching
, helping employers create a culture where entry-level staff grow and achieve their full potential:
- Entry-level employees receive in-work coaching
- Their managers receive training to equip them with coaching tools to tackle performance issues, enhance motivation and improve staff retention.
We are a trusted partner for many businesses as they seek to build teams that are diverse, motivated and high-performing from the ground up. Spear’s end-to-end service supports your business every step of the way.
Spear won the 2015 ERSA Youth Employment award for our ‘exceptional commitment to delivery employment services to young people’. Spear was also a Guardian Charity Awards 2013 winner.